Here are RER C train schedules for common routes such as Paris to Chateau Versailles and Orly Airport.
The RER C train is complicated with its 8 different terminus stations (used to denote direction of travel).
RER C Schedule – Paris to Versailles (PDF) – If you’re going from central Paris to Chateau Versailles (station Versailles-Rive Gauche), this is your schedule. For weekend or statutory holiday travel, use the weekend RER C schedule (just fewer trains, although the timing is basically the same).
At the top of this RER C Timetable is a row for “nom du train“. These specify the train route and can be seen on the front of the train itself as it approaches a station. “VICK” trains all travel to Versailles Rive Gauche, the closest station to Chateau Versailles. “SARA” trains do not stop at Versailles Rive Gauche. Be sure to take VICK trains.
This RER C route travels past several central Paris stations (Gare d’Austerlitz, St Michel Notre Dame, Musée d’Orsay, Invalides, Pont de l’Alma, Champ de Mars/Tour Eiffel) on its way to Versailles Rive Gauche station in Versailles, the closest train station to Chateau Versailles. RER C trains making this route will be labeled with direction: “Versailles – Rive Gauche“. Be careful not to confuse this RER C train direction with “Versailles Chantiers – St Quentin en Yvelines”, which does not stop at Versailles – Rive Gauche station. The difference is that Versailles Chantiers station is about 15 minutes walk to the Chateau as opposed to 5 minutes for Versailles Rive Gauche.
RER C Schedule – Paris to Orly Airport (ORY) and Massy TGV Station (PDF) – This schedule stars from Invalides (Army Musuem) RER C station and travels clockwise through Paris, stopping at Orsay Museum, St Michel, Gare d’Austerlitz amongst other stations before making its way to Aeroport d’Orly shuttle bus station (Pont de Rungis) and ends at Massy TGV train station. Note that the RER C does not stop directly at Orly Airport but stops at Pont de Rungis where you must transfer to a RATP bus to complete the journey to Orly Airport terminals West and South. RER C trains making this route will be labeled with direction: “Pont de Rungis – Aeroport d’Orly” or “Massy Palaiseau“. The trains will have four letter codes (nom du train) of either ROMI or MONA both on the top of the schedule and on the front of the trains.
(Schedules courtesy of Transilien)
For travelers to and from Orly Airport, here are the first and last trains (valid thru July 2013) from Gare d’Austerlitz and Pont de Rungis station (where a bus completes the journey to the airport):
- First train from Gare d’Austerlitz to Pont de Rungis Aeroport d’Orly 05:07
- Last train from Gare d’Austerlitz to Pont de Rungis Aeroport d’Orly 00:27
- First train from Pont de Rungis Aeroport d’Orly to Gare d’Austerlitz 04:53
- Last train from Pont de Rungis Aeroport d’Orly to Gare d’Austerlitz 23:38
Popular Destinations along RER C train line in Paris
- Eiffel Tower / La Tour Eiffel
- Invalides, Napolean’s Tomb
- Orsay Museum / Musée d’Orsay
- Notre Dame
- Austerlitz Train Station / Gare d’Austerlitz
- Library Francois Mitterand / Bibliotheque François Mitterand
- Orly Airport shuttle bus station / Pont de Rungis-Aeroport d’Orly (RER C does not connect directly to Orly Airport, shuttle buses are required from Pont de Rungis station)
- Versailles, Chateau Versailles (outside of Paris)
Paris RER Map