Websites for the Paris traveler.
- Ratp.fr - Paris Transit Authority. Also see the full French site.
- Transilien.com - Train schedules between Paris and nearby cities (Versailles, Fontainebleau, etc.)
- Voyages-SNCF.com - TGV & regular train tickets/schedules (French only & useful when in France)
- Google Maps France - (English version) Indispensible maps of Paris & France that show Metro & RER stations & lines. Now also with Street View.
France & Paris Information
- Best Friend in Paris - A local wine-loving expert, Donna Morris, to show you around Paris.
- Paris and Beyond - Collection of in-depth articles on Parisien customs and culture and also tips & advice on the best way to experience the city.
- About-France.com - Wide range of useful information about France: geography, transportation, culture, emergencies, accommodations.
- Colleen’s Paris - A good collection of personal tips & links on Paris. Don’t miss her photos which capture a lot of the essence and beauty of Paris.
Restaurants & Food
- Mmmm! - Lo-fi, brutally honest reviews of Paris restaurants by locals (mostly French).
- Cityvox.fr - Hi-fi restaurant reviews by broader group of locals.
- ViaMichelin.com - Michelin reviewed restaurants. Click on Restaurants, Choose France as country, Paris as city and check off Red Guide Selections, and choose Best Value Accomodations to find excellent dining spots at reasonable prices. These are known as Bib Gourmand restaurants.
Hotels & Accommodations
- TripAdvisor Paris Hotels - Candid reviews of Paris hotels by travelers. Start here, then check availability/prices on Hotels.com (UK) or Expedia (USA).
- Montmartre Apartment Rentals - Stay in a Paris apartment rather than a hotel. Managed by Gail Bosclair and PerfectlyParis.
- Terrasse Rimbaud - Paris Bed & Breakfast - A lovely apartment in the 14th arrondissement.
- Secrets of Paris Tours - Personalized tours by a local expert, Heather Stimmler-Hall. Also see her great, well organized site of Paris information.
- David Lebowitz - Chocolate tours & culinary classes in Paris from celebrity San Francisco pastry chef.
- Edible Paris - Foodie tours in Paris led by Canadian culinary educator and writer Rosa Jackson.