View of the Eiffel Tower from the Trocadéro promenade.
Situated across the Seine from the tower, the Trocadéro has a full unobstructed view of la Tour Eiffel, day or night, captured here by Viktor Korostynski. Closest Metro station: Trocadéro on Metro Line 6 & 9. Closest RER Station is Pont de l’Alma on RER C.
Flanked on either side of this terrace (Esplanade du Trocadéro) are wings of the Chaillot Palace (Palais de Chaillot) with its series of golden statues. The Trocadéro is also a park with landscaped trees, fields and fountains descending gently towards the Seine and Pont d’Iéna which leads to the tower.
- Eiffel Tower – descend Trocadero park, cross Pont d’Iéna and you’ve arrived.
- Quai Branly Museum – museum of arts and non-western civilisations.
- Patrick Roger Chocolates – One of France’s master chocolatiers
- Arc de Triomphe – 3 short stops from Trocadéro Metro station to Etoile station at the Arc, the terminus station for Metro line 6.
- Ask a question or browse the Paris by Train forums for an answer. (Or visit the forum archive).