We are planning to visit Eiffel Tower from CDG airport. Can someone please answer these:
1. I understand that we need to change trains from RER B to RER C at Notre Dame. Can the same train ticket be used for both trains or shall we buy another one for RER C?
2. Can we buy a return ticket in the airport itself so that it will save some time while coming back from the Eiffel Tower
3. How hard is it to change from RER B to RER C?
- A single RER ticket for the RER B train from CDG to Paris can be used for the transfer from the RER B to RER C at Saint Michel Notre Dame station, as long as you don't exit the station during transfer.
- You can buy return RER tickets at CDG airport train stations. A return ticket will simply be two one-way RER tickets since they don't begin their validity period until they are used in a ticket reading machine / turnstile / fare gate, so a 2nd ticket can be used in the future.
- Transfer at Saint Michel-Notre Dame station is not overly complicated, but can be confusing due to the number of "directions" the train can be headed, all of which will pass by Champ de Mars / Tour Eiffel station, which is closest to the Eiffel Tower. You can take RER C trains with a direction/terminus of any of the following:
- Versailles Chateau Rive Gauche
- Saint-Quentin en Yvelines / Montigny le Bretonneux
- Montigny le Beauchamp