Update: These paper coupon-style tickets are gradually being phased out in 2019/2020 with the introduction of Navigo Easy, a preloaded Paris travel card for visitors and residents and Navigo Liberté+, a monthly billed pay-per-use card for residents. Sale of paper Paris Metro tickets like the one pictuerd above will continue until summer of 2020 when sales are scheduled to stop.
Paris Metro Tickets Valid For…
Paris Metro tickets are valid for travel on Paris transport/transit including:
- Paris Metro (subway)
- Paris RER Train (within Zone 1)
- RATP Paris city bus
- Noctilien buses (night bus)
- Optile buses (Paris suburban bus)
- Montmartre Cable car (Funiculaire de Montmartre)
Paris Metro Ticket t+ is currently priced at 1.90€ for a single ticket ( as of June 1, 2019). A package of 10 tickets, a carnet [“car-nay”] costs 14.90€.
Paris Metro tickets are valid for transfers on Metro for 2 hours after first validation. For Metro tickets used on a tram or bus, transfers are allowed for 1 hour 30 minutes after first validation. You cannot mix and match the transfers listed below, each bullet point should be regarded as separate transfer type. For example, you cannot transfer from Paris Metro to Bus. Paris Metro Ticket transfers are allowed between:
- One Metro line to another, without exiting the confines of a station, or
- Metro to RER trains, or
- 2 RATP (city) Bus lines, or
- 1 RATP Bus and 1 Optile (suburban) bus, or
- Tramway and any bus lines that cross it, or
- Noctilien (night) buses (except on Noctilien buses requiring special fares)
Notice that there are no “and“s in the above list. That’s on purpose. You can’t mix any of the above transfer situations.
Special note: single transit tickets purchased on buses, directly from drivers are not valid for any transfers at all and cost 2€. With these tickets you will not be able to transfer to another bus nor tramway.
Paris Metro Passes
For Paris Metro Passes read about Navigo Decouverte unlimited use weekly travel card, Navigo Jour unlimited ride day pass and the new Navigo Easy preloaded Paris transit ticket card introduced on June 12, 2019.
Other Paris Metro Tickets
- Paris RER Ticket (officially known as a Billet Origine-Destination or Billet Ile-de-France)
- Paris Ticket Mobilis – unlimited use day ticket/pass for zones selected (1-5)
- Ticket Jeunes Weekend – unlimited use Paris day ticket/pass for under 26 years old (25 or younger), usable only on Saturday or Sunday, for zones selected (1-5)
- Paris Visite – unlimited, multi-day, variable-zone ticket/pass