Yes, dogs are allowed on the Paris Metro.
Details for bringing dogs onto the Paris Metro:
- small dogs are allowed on Paris Metro that can be carried in an animal bag or cage with its longest dimension measuring 45cm (17.5 in.) or less (height or width or depth)
- No ticket is required for small dogs on Paris Metro when carried in an animal bag or cage
- larger dogs not fitting inside a carry bag / cage of 45cm (17.5 inches) must wear a muzzle and be on a leash (no need for bag/cage)
- guide dogs for the visually impaired are allowed on Paris Metro and do not require a Metro ticket. You may be asked to present documentation of the dogs certification as a seeing-eye dog
This information on dogs on Paris Metro is provided by RATP (Paris Transit Authority) Paris Metro Usage Guide (in French) which you can download, print out and carry with you in case you need to present documentation on the rules of pets on board Paris Metro and RER trains.
- Ask a question or browse the Paris by Train forums for an answer. (Or visit the forum archive).