What is the best way to go to Fontainebleau from Versailles if I have a Mobilis Zone1-5 ticket?
Versailles to Fontainebleau train has a couple options depending on where you are in Versailles.
First option for Versailles to Fontainebleau train:
- at Versailles Rive-Gauche station take RER C direction Versailles Chantiers until Gare d'Austerlitz, transfer here to
- Metro line 5 direction Bobigny Pablo Picasso until Quai de la Rapée. Walk to Gare de Lyon
- transfer to Transilien L train direction Montargis or Montereau or Laroche Migennes, checking that the video display at the head of the platform showing stations served lists Fontainebleau-Avon
- get off at Fontainebleau-Avon station
Second option for Fontainebleau to Versailles by train:
- at Versailles Rive-Droite take Transilien L train to Gare Saint-Lazare (end of line)
- transfer to Metro line 14 towards Bibliotheque Francois Mitterand until Gare de Lyon
- transfer to Transilien L train direction Montargis or Montereau or Laroche Migennes, again checking the stations served on the video display at the head of the platform, ensuring Fontainebleau-Avon is listed