Pass valid for 1, 2, 3 or 5 days on Bus, Metro, RER, and Ile-de-France trains (not TGV).
Pass valid on OrlyVal train to Orly Airport (with 5 zone pass).
Price ranges from €10,85 to €59,50 depending on zones covered (1-3 or 1-5) and duration (1 to 5 days). Coverage of Central Paris (not incl. airports) for 5 days would be €34,70 adults, €17,35 for children under 11. (Prices current as of September 2015.)
(Price schedule courtesy of RATP)
Carte Paris Visite counts days from day of first use, not 24 hour periods. If you arrive at night and use the pass, that will be counted as one day.
The Paris Visite Carte is a 1, 2, 3 or 5 day pass good for either Zones 1 to 3 or 1 to 5 around Paris. If you’re staying just within Paris itself and not venturing out to Chateau Versailles, Chateau Fontainebleau nor Disneyland® Paris, stick with the Zone 1 to 3 card, which will cover all of “central” Paris. See the Paris Fare Zones Map for more information.
The key difference between the Paris Visite Carte and the Passe Navigo Découverte is the timing. Pass Navigo’s are valid strictly from Monday 00:00 to Sunday 23:59:59. If you land at Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport on Wednesday and buy a week long Pass Navigo Découverte, it will work only up until Sunday midnight. Starting from Thursday, you will not even be able to purchase the card.
Paris Visite cards are good from the day of first use (not time of first use). This means that if you arrive on Thursday evening at 8pm, buy and use a 3 day Paris Visite card, by 1am that night, the card will have “used” an entire day. So to maximize the value of the Paris Visite Card, start using it during the morning. If you’ve arrived in the evening at one of the Paris airports, simply buy a single Ile-de-France ticket from a ticket window that will get you into Paris (€9,75 from CDG, vs. €22,85 for 1 day Paris Visite 5 Zone Card).
In summary, if you’re arriving in Paris on Thursday and want to have a unlimited Paris transit pass for 3 or 5 days, this is the least expensive pass (Mobilis pass may be cheaper for 1 or 2 days dependent on number of zone). In addition, there are discounts for various tourist attractions and services for Paris Visite pass holders, such as 25% off boat tours on the Seine, 20-40% off admission to the Arc de Triomphe, the Opera house, the Pantheon, and other sights and services.
Paris Visite Card Discounts
As of September 2015
- Arc de Triomphe: 20% off
- Conciergerie: 20% off entrance
- Dali’s Universe Museum: 6€ instead of 11€
- Army Museum/Invalides: 20% off entrance to permanent collection
- Bateaux Parisiens: 25% off cruise of Seine river
- Open Tours: 25€ instead of 29€
- Chateau de Fontainebleau: 2€ off entrance
- Disneyland Resort Paris: 20% off a one day/two park pass
- France Miniature: 30% off entrance
- Grevin museum: 30% off entrance
- Provins: 7,50€ entry instead of 11,40€ on adult price to visit 4 monuments around the UNESCO world heritage site medieval city
- Tour Montparnasse: 30% off entrance
- Shopping at Galeries Lafayette: 10% off + 1 free bag with minimum 40€ purchase